By using the Website, you are accepting the practices described in this statement.
What kind of information do we collect and how do we use it?
1. When you visit the Website, ICR Publishers may collect information and statistics that contain your identifying information. The information collected may include information relating to your behaviour and navigation on the Website. This information allows us to carry out internal research on our users’ interests, demographics and behaviour so that we can better understand, and in turn, provide better information, products and services to you and other customers.
2. If you subscribe to or ask for further information about the Website, we ask for your name, email address, postal address, and other relevant personal information. Personal information submitted in this way is added to our access control database, hosted by a third party hosting company, and to our customer databases at ICR Publishers' and/or our affiliates' premises. This information will be updated if you inform us of any changes. If you are a subscriber (which may be you as an individual or an institution to which you are affiliated) (including a subscriber on a trial basis), your personal information will be used to enable us to verify that you are a subscriber and to deliver any restricted content on the Website to you. If you sign up to receive news, we will ask you for your email address and your name and this information will be added to our customer databases.
3. We may use information in our customer databases to send you information about us, and occasionally our affiliates, our products and services, and our affiliates' products and services that we think may be of interest to you electronically.
4. We may request personal information (such as your name, email address and other contact details) from you when you contact us with subscription management queries, technical problems, to comment on the Website, or when you ask for information about how to use the products and/or services made available on the Website. Any personal information which may be submitted by you in the course of making an enquiry will not be automatically added to, but may be cross-referenced with our customer databases and we may request it simply so that we can respond to you about your query. Statistics regarding the types of enqueries submitted to us may be collated by us in aggregate form so that we can effectively monitor the Website and improve levels of service.
Removing your data from our database
5. If you have asked for information or subscribed to restricted content on the Website in the past and no longer subscribe to such services and do not wish us to store information about you, please contact us at email@example.com and we will remove your details from our customer databases. We need to store information about current subscribers in order to fulfil our contractual requirements to you and grant you access to restricted content on the Website. You may notify us either in writing or by telephone, fax or email that you object to being contacted or being contacted in a particular stated way. If you use more than one email address to communicate with us, please notify us of each email account you use.
When do we share information?
6. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
7. We may share your information with our affiliates, licensors and suppliers, which assist us in making the Website available to you (e.g. our hosting supplier).
8. If we believe that your use of the Website is unlawful or damaging to others, we reserve the right to disclose the information we have obtained through the Website about you to third parties to the extent that it is reasonably necessary in our opinion to prevent, remedy or take action in relation to such conduct. We may also disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order; in order to enforce or apply any agreements or licences with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ICR Publishers, our employees, affiliates, licensors, suppliers, contributors (including editors) and/or our customers. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
9. If any part of our business (including those of our affiliates) is sold or integrated with another business, we reserve the right to disclose to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers, but only to the extent strictly necessary for purposes reasonably connected with such sale or integration.
11. If you disable or decline cookies, you may not be able to access some parts of the Website, and some features may not function properly or be available to you. If you choose to accept our cookies, you can also delete such cookies later from your computer (see the 'Managing Cookies' section below). If you delete the cookies, any settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will be deleted and will need to be re-created when you visit the Website subsequently.
What are cookies?
13. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at:
For a video about cookies, click here.
14. Cookies have various functions, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. Some cookies are allocated to your device only for the duration of your visit to a website, and these are called session based cookies. These cookies automatically expire when you close down your browser. Another type of cookie known as "persistent" cookies would remain on your device for a period of time. In addition, please note that some websites contain third party cookies i.e. cookies that are set by a third party domain.
15. The cookies used on the website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie Guide which can be found here. We have summarised those categories below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
16. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services which you have selected, like shopping baskets, e-billing, or logged in access to restricted content cannot be provided. Because these cookies are strictly necessary, we do not need to ask for your consent to use them.
17. You may at any time restrict, disable or delete the cookies by adjusting your web browser setting. For more information, please see the 'Managing Cookies' section below. However, you may not be able to access some parts of the website, and some features may not function properly or be available to you.
18. These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve the performance of a website. In addition, some of these cookies are analytics cookies, set using third party web analytics software, which allow us to understand more about how our website is used. For example, some websites use Google Analytics to help the owners of those websites to monitor their website traffic but these cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. Those websites’ owners may also use such cookies to highlight products and/or services which they think will be of interest to you based on your use of their websites.
19. By using the Website, you are agreeing that ICR Publishers may place these types of cookies on your device. You may at any time restrict, disable or delete the cookies by adjusting your web browser setting. For more information, please see the 'Managing Cookies' section below. However, you may not be able access some parts of the Website, and some features may not function properly or be available to you.
20. These cookies allow websites to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced and, more personal features. For example, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites other than the website you are visiting.
21. By using the Website, you are agreeing that ICR Publishers may place these types of cookies on your device. You may at any time restrict, disable or delete the cookies by adjusting your web browser setting. For more information, please see the 'Managing Cookies' section below. However, you may not be able to access some parts of the website, and some features may not function properly or be available to you.
Targeting or advertising cookies
22. These cookies are used to deliver adverts that are more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the permission of the website operator. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
23. By using the Website, you are agreeing that ICR Publishers may place these types of cookies on your device. You may at any time restrict, disable or delete the cookies by adjusting your web browser setting. For more information, please see the 'Managing Cookies' section below. However, you may not be able to access some parts of the website, and some features may not function properly or be available to you.
25. You can adjust your device's web browser settings by using the 'Help' function within the web browser. You can also visit www.aboutcookies.org to obtain instructions on how to adjust the web browser setting of your device. That site contains comprehensive information on how to adjust your web browser settings for a wide variety of web browsers.
26. For mobile devices please select your device browser from the list below and follow the link:
27. Unless you have the relevant add-on for a Mozilla browser, flash cookies cannot be disabled by adjusting your device's web browser settings. Some web browser manufacturers are developing solutions to allow you to disable flash cookies through the use of the web browser settings of your device, but at present, unless you have the relevant add on for Mozilla and are using that browser, if you wish to restrict or block flash cookies, you must do so on the Adobe website.
28. If you disable or decline cookies, some feature will not be available to you or function properly and you may not be able to access some parts of the Website.
How can I prevent Online Behavioural Advertising?
30. Some of your personal information is stored at a data centre managed by our third party hosting company. The data centre managed by our third party hosting company is specifically designed to be physically secure and to admit authorised personnel only, who are contractually bound to keep all of our data confidential. Access to our customer databases is only given on a 'need to know basis'.
31. The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, our affiliates or for one of our suppliers. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By using the Website, you consent to these transfers.
Updating Your Details
32. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes e.g. if you change your e-mail address, please let us know the correct details by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.